View our projects
M/Y Cyrus One
In November 2002 we received a commission for the naval architecture work for a 32 m motor yacht according to a concept sketched by Rene van der Velden.
Cruising speed was defined to be 22 knots. The primary task was to design an efficient and sea-kindly hull form with good resistance and powering properties.
The scope of work involved the development of the lines of hull and superstructure, the general arrangement (in cooperation with Rene van der Velden), the design of all appendages, resistance and powering predictions, intact and damage stability assessments, and a full set of construction plans. The vessel was constructed from GRP sandwich material.
Five yachts with this design have been built, with number 6 being underway. The yachts are built by Cyrus Yachts, under supervision of Vitters Shipyard.
For this design, Van Oossanen & Associates have carried out the following work:
- General Arrangement drawings
- Hull and appendage design
- 3D Modelling of superstructure
- Construction drawings and scantling calculations
- Weight and stability calculation
- Work for Lloyd?s Register plan approval
- Resistance and propulsion calculations and propeller selection
- Detailed structural engineering