In 2003 we designed a 5 meter composite tender for Blueprint Marine b.v..
A prototype of this design was built in aluminium by Jachtbouw Folmer in Rijs. This prototype was used for several tests involving foil assist.
The prototype was launched in June 2005. The first trials in July were very succesfull. The foil-assist principle did not only show a significant increase in speed, but also the behaviour in waves was improved drastically, minimizing slamming at high speed to a minimum. This behaviour was expected after extensive tank testing and analysis.
For the Guardian mate, Van Oossanen & Associates have carried out the following work:
- Development of the foil assist concept, from the first idea to the prototype phase
- Hull design, styling and arrangement drawings
- Weight and stability calculations
- Resistance and propulsion calculations, extensive model testing of various configurations
- Total 3D design and engineering of the prototype in ShipConstructor
- Building manual and working drawings
- Build supervision and Project management
- Management of the complete trial program